In 2017, Sanford Affordable Housing Society (SAHS) was incorporated as a non-profit society that focuses on developing and operating housing for singles and families who do not require support services, but who need safe, quality affordable housing at below-market rents.
With the addition of affordable housing projects like The BRice and the Kingsley Estates townhomes to our portfolio, SAHS was established to take on the management of existing and future affordable housing projects. Our partnership with Hollyburn Family Services Society on Oxford Street in the District of North Vancouver will be another SAHS project. Follow this link: Orwell Non-Market Housing Project to learn more about this development.
– to acquire, construct, hold, supply, operate, manage and maintain housing accommodation and incidental facilities for persons in the Province of British Columbia according to their needs including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, families and individuals of low income, the aged and functionally handicapped persons, and to operate and manage commercial facilities where such facilities are part of any housing facility owned by the Society;
– to purchase, lease, hold, develop and improve any lands and buildings necessary for the carrying out the purposes of the Society;
– to establish and carry on education and research programs relating to housing and community facilities;
– to raise money through subscriptions, membership, donations and gifts for the purpose of carrying out the purposes of the Society;
– to do all such things as are incidental or conclusive to the attainment of the purposes of the Society.